Seminar om forsking, innovasjon og teknologi
- This event has passed.
Joāo Ribeiro: Workshop about business-driven innovation
november 7, 2014. Tid: 09:00 - 13:00
Bergen Journalism Lab invites you to a workshop about business-driven innovation. This workshop includes lunch, and will be held in room 614, infomedia Department, University of Bergen
Invited expert Joāo Ribeiro will give us an introduction to the concept of business-driven innovation, lean start-up and visual tools like the «Business Model Canvas» and “Lean Canvas”. We will test out this last tool in a practical session relating to innovation in the context of Norwegian journalism. Joāo Ribeiro is Product Director at MobileTech AS – a company that collaborates with the Department of Information Science and Media Studies.
09.00 – 09:15. Welcome introductions. Lars Nyre and Joāo Ribeiro.
09.15 – 10.30. The “lean startup” method.
10.30 – 11.30. Group exercise.
11.30 – 12.00. Wrap-up and discussion. Joāo Ribeiro.
12.00 – 13.00. Lunch at Zupperia, courtesy of the department.
– Introduction to the “lean startup” method and its related concepts concepts and tools (Lean Canvas, assumptions validation, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), pivot, etc.).
– Filling the lean canvas for a news media business
– Presentation of results
– Discussion and comparison of canvases, doubts, etc.
– Selecting areas of intervention/assumptions to validate
– Potential next steps in the development process
Biography Joāo Ribeiro
Joāo holds a master`s degree in Computer Engineering and is certified Scrum Product Owner. Throughout his career, Joāo has experienced several distinct roles and duties: academic researcher, web developer, UX designer, startup founder, team-leader, sales engineer, product owner and head of innovation.